The Netherlands is part of mainland Europe, it sits in Western Europe with an extensive coastline to the North Sea and shares land borders with Germany and Belgium. The Netherlands is also known as Holland and was the first non-native English speaking country to offer courses taught in English to international students. Admission is now on for the 2013 and 2014 session.
Advantages and Benefits of Studying in the Netherlands;
- Universities in Netherlands are of a very high standard. And are very warm to accept international Students.
- Some of the Universities in Netherlands teach in English. No wonder many students keep trooping into the country.
- You get full value for your money: Although a small country in size, Holland has a big international presence. It is the 21st largest economy in the world. Some of the world’s big multinationals, including Philips, Heineken, KLM, Shell, ING Bank and Unilever, are Dutch. In addition, companies such as Sony, Sara Lee and Microsoft all have their European headquarters in Holland. Your degree from a Dutch higher education institution and experience of living in Holland will be highly valued.
- You will be creative: Holland is a creative nation. Dutch people enjoy innovating and constantly ask themselves and others questions to come up with new ideas. Innovation and creativity are essential in Dutch education. As a result, students at Dutch higher education institutions are often ambitious and they can easily adapt to other cultures and methods of working.
- You will become a pioneer: Dutch people are entrepreneurs and discoverers. What’s more, they are true pioneers! The country is the birth place of Nobel Prize winners, daring philosophers, groundbreaking artists and scientists. It was the first country on the European continent to offer study programmes taught in English.
- You will be open to Business Opportunities: Higher education institutions and companies in the Netherlands are work together more often. Many institutions have appointed lecturers who are not only good at teaching but also have a strong network in the business community. As a student you will benefit from their contacts in the business world. You will have the opportunity to work on real business projects. While you benefit from the knowledge of people working in the field, the business community will learn new skills from you.
- You will Become Part of an international and multicultural community: Dutch society is strongly connected to other cultures, the world and the business community. This means that as a student you will take part in international classes. Holland in fact has more than 70,000 international students. Because of their interest in other cultures, many Dutch people speak English very well. You don’t need to speak Dutch to study here.
Fontys is a leading European University of Applied Sciences and has 35 Universities of Applied Sciences throughout the country offering international programmes in English, Dutch or German. It is based in the south of the Netherlands near the border with Germany and Belgium, one of the most dynamic regions in Europe. With more than 200 study programs, over 3.000 employees and about 35.000 students Fontys is one of the major Dutch Universities of Applied Sciences and one of the largest educational institutions in the Netherlands. Over 3.500 students are from abroad; they come from more than 70 countries in the world. The International Campus Venlo has a large cooperation network consisting of both educational institutions and companies. It cooperates with over 45 partner universities in 30 countries. On the other hand, it also cooperates with the largest companies worldwide by sending its students as interns to these companies. In principle, the students are paid during these internships by the companies. Fontys University of Applied Sciences invests in joint research programmes with industry, business and public services, to disseminate applied research results. Fontys encourages its graduates to develop international competences by means of international exchanges and internships via partnerships with hundreds of universities and companies all over the world. Fontys therefore maintains close relationships with industry, business and public services. Fontys offers students the invaluable experience of a long-term internship, and keeps its education up to date by closely monitoring developments in the labour market. This is a world class University.
|Bachelor Degree Programs||Masters Degree Programs|
Step 1: Documents to be submitted:
- O-Level Result (Must be Authenticated by Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Notary Public). A student is admissible if he/she has a WAEC diploma with at least 6 subjects that have a C grade or higher. A student is also admissible if he/she has a NECO diploma with 6 subjects that have a grade B or higher.
- Minimum of IELTS 6.0 score for English.
- Proof of financial independence (up to 15.000 Euros) for the first year. (Must be Authenticated by Notary Public).
- International Passport.
- Pay Application fee.
- We will post the documents directly to the school via DHL.
- Processing takes 2 to 3 weeks. After which student will be asked to transfer the School Fee directly into the school account. Below is the fee breakdown;
- Tuition fee- 5,800 Euros
- Fontys Contribution fee- 48 Euros
- All-in-insurance- 396 Euros
- Visa Application and residence permit- 600 Euros
- Housing guarantee- 750 Euros. The student will not pay this to Fontys but to the landlord directly.
- Additional Amount to fulfill the financial requirements of IND. This amount will be transferred immediately to the student’s bank account in the Netherlands-2,520 Euros.
Please note that additional amount for Dutch immigration depends on the total of the other amounts, the payment letter needs to be exactly 9,650 Euros at the end.
3. After this fee is paid, Fontys takes care of the visa procedure for students. This process takes about 5 -6 weeks, depending on how quickly payment is done and how quickly the student uploads certain requested documents. Students use an online service to apply for the visum as soon as they have registered at Fontys. They only need to pick up their travel visum on location in Nigeria. These are either issued by the Dutch or Belgian embassy since they share this.
- Dutch immigration has set the total amount of 9,650 euro to be paid by the student before he/she comes to the Netherlands. When you take 9,650 euro minus the costs like tuition fees, insurance and visa, there is a certain amount left. This amount is considered as living expenses for the student.
- Also, Besides the 9,650 euro, Dutch immigration requires the student to give financial proof that they have an amount of 4,500 euro in the bank. This amount can either be transferred to Fontys OR it can be proven by bank statements. That is the choice of the student.
- Public Transportation (Usually student buys a bike).- 30 Euros.
- Relaxing, Entertainment and Sports- 100 Euros
- Food and drinks per month- 250 Euros
- Rent a month- Maximum of 370 Euros
PLEASE GO THROUGH OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION TO STUDY IN OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE; USA, UK, CANADA, GERMANY, NORTH CYPRUS, SOUTH CYPRUS, CHINA, UKRAINE, BELARUS, GEORGIA, RUSSIA, DOMINICA, SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES, JAMAICA, MALAYSIA, SWITZERLAND, TURKEY, IRELAND, INDIA, DUBAI, GERMANY, HUNGARY, SPAIN, POLAND, PHILIPPINES etc.
Goldenchips Educational Services International (RC: 922480)
Like us on facebook today.
Suite 78, Nandu Plaza,
Plot 566 Ndola Square,
Off Michael Opara Crescent,
Wuse Zone 5,
PORT HARCOURT OFFICE:
Suite 13, Asiri Plaza,
50 NTA Uniport Road,
Opposite Ozuoba Primary School,